cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation error while integrating DSP library

isaac-vinicius
Associate

While replicating the method of integrating DSP libraries into my STM32 project as discussed in the following thread: tutorial , I encountered the error #error "Compiler generates FPU instructions for a device without an FPU (check __FPU_PRESENT)" during the project compilation. I'd like to share a solution that proved effective in resolving this issue.

Upon inspecting the "arm_math.h" file, I observed that, after the preprocessor directives, there is an inclusion of the header file containing information related to the device's peripheral access layer, in my case, "stm32f407xx.h". The solution involved simply moving the `#include "stm32f407xx.h"` directive to the beginning of the "arm_math.h" file. Following this modification and performing a clean build of the project, the error disappeared.

Note: The microcontroller used is STM32F407VET6.

I hope this solution proves helpful to other members of the STM32 community who might face similar challenges when integrating DSP libraries into their projects. If you need further details or have other suggestions, feel free to discuss.

ErrorError

moving includemoving include

resultresult

4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Thread moved from #error "Compiler generates FPU instructions for a device without an FPU (check __FPU_PRESENT)".

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @isaac-vinicius and welcome to the Community 🙂,

Thank you for reporting this issue and the solution tin the STCommunity.

To check the issue, could you please give more details about the STM32CubeIDE version and the STM32CubeF4 revision are you using?

What level of optimization are you using?

KDJEM1_0-1707408429147.png

May be this discussion can help you DSP Installing

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

isaac-vinicius
Associate

Hello,

Thank you for welcome. Below, I'll provide screenshots containing the information about the versions I'm using. If needed, I can supply additional images.

Best regards,
[Isaac Vinicius]

STM32CubeIDE version:

version.png

STM32CubeF4 revision:

STM32CubeF4pack.png

Level of optimization (Default):

optimization.png

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @isaac-vinicius,

I made a test and I follow the steps shared in How to integrate DSP Libraries on STM32 project? An example using STM32F429 FAQ but I didn't reproduce the issue.

The project (in attachment) build without error. 

Thank you.

Kaouthar