cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't configure DCMI peripherals

LuizF_Ferro
Associate III

Hello

I am starting a project with a STM32U585CIU6 and an OV7670 camera module. I want to use the DCMI interface to get the data, and I'm using the Introduction to DCMI to STM32 MCUs document as a reference.

STM32U585 datasheet mentions the support to DCMI and provides all the respective pin definitions. I want to configure the GPIOs with an embedded synchronization (using therefore 8 data pins + 1 pin for DCMI_PIXCLK).

However, I can't see the DCMI function in any GPIO pin I try to use. For example, STM32U585 datasheet mentions the following alternate functions for pin PA9:

TIM1_CH2, SPI2_SCK, DCMI_D0/PSSI_D0, USART1_TX(boot), SAI1_FS_A, TIM15_BKIN, EVENTOUT

But my .ioc file provides the following functions when I select pin PA9:

LuizF_Ferro_0-1717415666926.png

I imagined that there would be a "DCMI" peripheral option in the Connectivity or Multimedia sections, but I couldn't find anything in there. I don't know if any Software Pack must be installed, so I would appreciate if anyone could explain me how should I proceed in this matter. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @LuizF_Ferro ,

The camera interface (DCMI) isn't available in STM32U585CI as mentioned in the datasheet table 2. . STM32U585xx features and peripheral counts.

If you want to use DCMI interface, I recommend  you to refer to table 2. and to choose an STM32U585 which supports DCMI like as STM32U585OI, STM32U585VI,..... 

KDJEM1_0-1717417008493.png

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @LuizF_Ferro ,

The camera interface (DCMI) isn't available in STM32U585CI as mentioned in the datasheet table 2. . STM32U585xx features and peripheral counts.

If you want to use DCMI interface, I recommend  you to refer to table 2. and to choose an STM32U585 which supports DCMI like as STM32U585OI, STM32U585VI,..... 

KDJEM1_0-1717417008493.png

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.