cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can STM32F407VGT6U acts like STM32407VGT6?

Karuniawan_Amah
Associate III

I just bought STM32 Discovery Board with STM32F407VGT6U ICs, the thing is i use the stm32duino extension on arduino IDE, and on one laptop we can't upload it, on other laptop the Board can't send Serial data, previously i use the STM32F407VET6 series and work just fine. also i hear that the 'U' at the end stand for the Java dedicated device? is it true? and can i make it like VGT6 basic series? also some people said you need to erase it to make it like normal, how to do it? Thank you, any help is appreciated

17 REPLIES 17

Do you have a way to maybe reset or erased it's program so it can act like normal standard F407VGT6? so reset the already programmed Board.

well the Virtual COM port is recoqnised by device, but the pc can't read it (yes i using UART). also it was recoqnised as virtual com port when i plugged the st-link debugger, which as i know doesn't happen in the VET6 series i use in the past. so this is mostly my confusion on the device, since i was told the VET and VGT doesn't have any difference aside from flash memory so i confuse about difference behavior. anyway, can by chance i erase or download firmware to make it work? or maybe some documentation that can help? thank you

I start to believe you have a contrefeit chip. I recommand you to contact your local sales. 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

is that right? well i'll try to do so later, in meantime i just want to confirm, is it usually normal for the st-link debugger to recoqnised as com-port? also they act like storage device like i reply you earlier in the photo, and the last. if maybe there are some programmed from the manufacturing or distribution and assume it was really the U as in VGT6U, as some of the thread has i read, it was cause it's for the java embedded one, so by that can i erase or download any firmware so it can act like normal one? thank you as always

is it usually normal for the st-link debugger to recoqnised as com-port? also they act like storage device like i reply you earlier in the photo

That's normal and I confirm this @Bob S statement:

The STLink built in to the DK board should present BOTH the disk drive (which you can use to download firmware by drag-n-dropping the BIN (or hex) file onto the drive), and a virtual COM port. 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

You should be able to mass erase the chip on the STM32F407VG-DISC1 board using STM32 Cube Programmer, that will erase the content from the board. The ST-LINK connection being the NORTH end of the board with the MINI USB connection.

You should be able to put the stm32duino loader on it too, using STM32 Cube Programmer, or by dragging and dropping the loader .BIN in the USB MSC

The F407's USB is the one on the SOUTH end with the MICRO USB, if you put a loader on the chip it's this one that will provide DIRECT connectivity.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Karuniawan_Amah
Associate III

okay i'll try it later. maybe if not work will notify you later or open new thread thanks

okay will try it again, thanks