cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407VGT6 Demo Board Program Halted "Beak at address "0x0" with no debug information our outside

ODVBeat
Associate II

Hello all,

I got a stm32f401vgt6 demo board from aliexpress and I created a project on stm32cubeide.  I wrote a simple problem " A = A +1" and downloaded via SWD communication.  All went well with download verified successfully message shown. The program halted just right after the download. In debugging, I got a message saying "Break at address "0x0" with no debug information available, or outside of program code."  I did the same thing on other boards such as F401x, F411x, F103x..etc., none of them has this issue.  This is the only stm32407vgt6 board did that.  Can someone point out what I needed to get this resolve.  I am very appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ODVBeat
Associate II

Thank you for helping.  I resolved the issue already.  That was a simple solution because the board did not come with a jumper used to enable BOOT0, which selected flash memory as boot space.  Once the jumper was installed, everything works just like it supposed to. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Power cycle it. Verify in STM32CubeProgrammer that the application was correctly written to flash. Ensure it's booting to the user application and not to the bootloader. Look at PC to see what code it's executing.

Note that you said both stm32f401vgt6 and stm32407vgt6. Make sure you know which one you have and are targeting appropriately.

When debugging, you can also hit the reset icon and it'll jump to Reset_Handler.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ODVBeat
Associate II

Thank you for helping.  I resolved the issue already.  That was a simple solution because the board did not come with a jumper used to enable BOOT0, which selected flash memory as boot space.  Once the jumper was installed, everything works just like it supposed to. Thanks again!

Hello sir!

I am trying to run a simple program of seven segment display on my STM32, model STM32F103C6T6A, but whenever I run the main program it shows 'Beak at address "0x0" with no debug information our outside' in a new tab. I think you had also faced the same issue and solved it. So can you please guide me through the steps of solving this error.