cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricked After first Debug STM32H735G-DK

talan.1
Associate

I bought this kit to learn but after first time debugging i can't connect to it at all.

I just set some GPIO input and outputs and got a led working in debug mode and now i can't connect to the board again and the previous debug program doesn't work either.

I didn't choose the project from boards selection but from MCU selections

Which is STM32H735IG

Please help it was a very expensive board and i don't want to give up on learning it.

Edit: Found out how to reset the device.

Don't know if anyone else needs it but i guess it was my fault for not checking the whole datasheet first.

In any case leaving this for anyone who might need it in the future.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000LeYL1SAN/get-stm32h735gdk-out-of-deadlock

Got to get the BOOT0 pin HIGH, cycle power a couple of times and then erase your broken code.​

L​ikely the wrong LDO/SMPS or VOS settings.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000LeYL1SAN/get-stm32h735gdk-out-of-deadlock

Got to get the BOOT0 pin HIGH, cycle power a couple of times and then erase your broken code.​

L​ikely the wrong LDO/SMPS or VOS settings.

Can i ask how do we know at which sector our code is ? I just erased sector 0 and it worked but still not sure...

Also do you know if full erasure of chip would have any negative effect ?

In default code it seems the PWR Selection bits were wrong also.

The flash has got over 10K cycles, so unless you're doing some epic amount of compile/debug it is probably going to outlast you.

The flash maps to two addresses on the H7, the M7 core typically starts from 0x08000000 and the M4 from 0x08100000

E​rasing the first sector is sufficient to remove the vector table and stop your code running.