cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Pin function

Myasu.1
Senior

I would like to do UART communication using nucleo l4r5zi.

I would like to do the pin setting, but I do not know how to do that.

Please let me ask the following two questions here.

Is my understanding correct that the pin settings for CN7, CN8, CN9 and CN10 of the nucleo l4r5zi have already been set and the pin settings are listed in table 11 on p36 of the manual below?

STM32-Nucleo-144-User-Manual.pdf

Since the functions of CN11 and CN12 are not specifically described, is it necessary to set the pins on the microcontroller side?

If this is correct, please answer the following.

I understand that the GPIOx_AFRH and GPIOx_AFRL are used to set the pin settings.

These register specifications※ only state AF0, but do not state which function they are actually assigned to.

How is the pin setting performed?

※​dm00310109-stm32l4-series-advanced-arm-based-32-bit-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf p347

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The physical pin connectivity/wiring has been done per the schematic. Follow what's connected to the CHIP, and how it gets to the headers

The available pin function options are described in the Data Sheet for the CHIP (STM32L4R5ZI), the "Alternate Function" allows for connection internally of one of sixteen peripherals. AF 0 thru 15 settings are in secondary tables in the Data Sheet.

The AF setting is part of the GPIO configuration, see GPIO section of Reference Manual

On this part GPIOG's VCCIO2 must be enabled for the pins to work properly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The physical pin connectivity/wiring has been done per the schematic. Follow what's connected to the CHIP, and how it gets to the headers

The available pin function options are described in the Data Sheet for the CHIP (STM32L4R5ZI), the "Alternate Function" allows for connection internally of one of sixteen peripherals. AF 0 thru 15 settings are in secondary tables in the Data Sheet.

The AF setting is part of the GPIO configuration, see GPIO section of Reference Manual

On this part GPIOG's VCCIO2 must be enabled for the pins to work properly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Myasu.1
Senior

@Community member​ 

thanks!!

I understand.