Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About example source code for stm32H747I-EVAL

Son, Dong-Seong
Associate III

Hi

I am trying to test STM32H747I-EVAL and LCD

My questions are as belows

1. Are STM32H747I-EVAL and LCD connected with RGB Connector?

( I want to connect each other with RGB connector when I design a circuits for STM32H747 with LCD)

I want to get the example source code.

2. Can I get example codes for STM32H747-EVAL?

let me know the link to get them

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

First of all, the STM32H747I-EVAL is obsolete, but the circuitry is identical to the STM32H757I-EVAL. In both, the LCD is connected via MIPI-DSI, not RGB.

Sample code can be found in the project folder of the repository, either locally in the firmware that can be downloaded with STM32CubeMX or STM32CubeIDE, or in the Github repository.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Son, Dong-Seong
Associate III

I downloaded example codes

There is not example code for LCD RGB

Can I get example code for LCD RGB?

or Can you let me know how to convert MIPI-DSI to RGB or HDMI?

The kit already has an LCD with MIPI-DSI connected via CN15, but you can also work with RGB instead (connector CN20).

However, there is also a MIPI-DSI to HDMI converter called B-LCDAD-HDMI1.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

For RGB you'd perhaps look at the H743I-EVAL board examples. The whole point of an IC supporting DSI is to avoid wasting 24+ pins on RGB

The H747I-DISCO should allow use of the HDMI adapter B-LCDAD-HDMI1 using the ADV7533

I'd expect TI or others to have DSI-to-RGB

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you for your help

I saw a schematic of B-LCDAD-HDMI1

There are HSSI_D0 ~ HSSI_D3.

I think HSSI_Dx is DSI_Dx of STM32H747

I have a question.

There are HSSI_D0 to HSSI_D3 in schematic, so There are 4 pairs

But There are DSI_D0 to DSI_D1 in STM32H747, so there are 2 pairs

Is there any problem even if you don't need HSSI_D2 and HSSI_D3​

Correct, the converter used on the B-LCDAD-HDMI1 can receive its video signal via a maximum of 4 DSI lanes, which, however, do not necessarily have to be used. Its data sheet also mentions in table 6 that "Unused channels should be connected to ground".

The circuit of the STM32H757I-EVAL, which is identical to the STM32H747I-EVAL, now shows exactly this GND connection at DSI_D2 and DSI_D3 via SB31...34.

BTurc.2
Senior