cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD cannot connect with GUI

NMartin
Associate III

Hello,

I am following this guide, https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32StepByStep:Getting_started_with_USB-Power_Delivery_Dual_Role#Clear_the_pinout, and am unable to get the device to appear in the board selection window of the UCPD monitoring software.

I can see the tracer port communication, just not the board selection.

Everything else appears to be working. It is able to successfully negotiate 5V contracts as both a source and sink.

The guide indicates I should be able to see it in the board selection window. Not sure how to diagnose this. I have double checked I have _TRACE and _GUI_INTERFACE compiler flags present.

4 REPLIES 4
Nicolas P.
ST Employee

Hello @NMartin 

You have trace running. Good.

To be able to send command to your board, you did well by activating _GUI_INTERFACE.

But a part must be missing. 

Can you double check the section :2.9.3: Configure_UCPD_monitor_firmware_responder_for_debug please ?

Regards,

Nicolas

NMartin
Associate III

Hi Nicolas,

Here are my settings for 2.9.3 of the guide:

NMartin_0-1699400507269.png

Nate

Guenael Cadier
ST Employee

Hi @NMartin 
In order to get the board selection working in UCPD monitor tool, the embedded part is expected to answer to an incoming message sent by UCPD monitor.
Are you able check UART Tx and Rx pins signals/waveforms when UCPD Monitor starts ?
Just to check you see properly the UCPD Monitor request (on UART Rx) and then the embedded answer (on UART Tx).
Regards

I can check this later this week.

I have gotten the majority of my project working without this debugging functionality however, so this isnt as much of a priority for me.

Nate