cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set-up analog audio line in on STM32H747I-DISCO to receive audio.

DRamb.1
Associate II

I've worked out how to disable in the MEMs microphone I just want to use the blue 3.5mm input to receive/record the incoming audio. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DRamb.1
Associate II

Actually a good example for getting audio in/out is the BSP project for the STM32H747I-DISCO board. Downloading the latest version 1.11.0 from: https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubeh7.html

And the code for the project in:

.\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.0\Projects\STM32H747I-DISCO\Examples\BSP\STM32CubeIDE

the Audio Record option looks quite useful.

Unfortunately, this BSP project code doesn't run on the board as the LCD screen just displays random pixels - maybe I'm hoping too much for ST example code to work first time !

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @DRamb.1​,

You can find this STM32CubeH7/Projects/STM32H747I-DISCO/Examples/SPDIFRX/SPDIFRX_AudioPlay at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7 (github.com). In this example two boards are used to send and receive audio data by using the

SPDIF RX/TX interfaces

STM32CubeH7/Projects/STM32H743I-EVAL/Examples/SAI/SAI_AudioPlay at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7 (github.com)

To learn more about how to use the SAI HAL API to play an audio file.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

DRamb.1
Associate II

Thanks, that project example seems to require two STM32H747I-DISCO boards. Have you not just got a very simple audio loopback project, i.e. audio is sent to the line in of the board and can then be heard on the line out ? Or am I asking too much ?

FBL
ST Employee

Hello again @DRamb.1​ 

You can adapt this example to your board STM32CubeH7/Projects/STM32H743I-EVAL/Examples/DFSDM/DFSDM_AudioRecord at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7 (github.com)

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best the answer that answered your question or solved your problem. This will help other users find that answer faster. 

Firas

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

DRamb.1
Associate II

Actually a good example for getting audio in/out is the BSP project for the STM32H747I-DISCO board. Downloading the latest version 1.11.0 from: https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubeh7.html

And the code for the project in:

.\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.0\Projects\STM32H747I-DISCO\Examples\BSP\STM32CubeIDE

the Audio Record option looks quite useful.

Unfortunately, this BSP project code doesn't run on the board as the LCD screen just displays random pixels - maybe I'm hoping too much for ST example code to work first time !

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @DRamb.1​,

Probably you were facing the same issue as the one reported here.

DRamb.1
Associate II

Well yes, this is the issue I reported ?

FBL
ST Employee

Hello again @DRamb.1​,

.GUI_NUMBYTES_section (NOLOAD) : { *(.GUI_NUMBYTES_section) } >SDRAM

should be defined in the linker file.

Check this path STM32Cube\Repository\STM32CubeH7-master\Projects\STM32H747I-DISCO\Demonstrations\MenuLauncher\Gui\Target\GUIConf.c to look for GUI_NUMBYTES

I am not sure if this can help.

Hello @DRamb.1​ 

I confirm the issue on my side, In fact , the problem is Hardware issue in Video mode with LCD DSI MB166 rev A03 , it has been reported to HW team to fix it ,

Sorry for this inconvenience , we will updated you the fix as soon as possible

Thank you

Br

Moez

Hello DRamb.1 ,

The fix is available on GitHub :

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/commit/1c84713102f8509deb79ae14db8dbb104c17c45e#diff-8a5b12f7040dfb560c495dc0a1213725ba939bf19d531dd1e97067b6a1a79ec0

In fact , LCD DSI MB1166-A9 delivered with latest version of STM32H747I-DISCO/ boards come based on LCD FGRIDA FRD400B25025-A-CTK instead of FRD397B25009-D-CTK.

Now the firmware is updated , you just need to enable the right hardware component as defined in stm32h747i_discovery_conf.h file and add the new component library (NT35510) in your project .

/* IMPORTANT: One of the following flags must be enabled in stm32h747i_discovery_conf.h file */

/* options in order to select the target daughter board revision connected on STM32H747I DISCOVERY : !!!!!!!!!! */

/* USE_LCD_CTRL_OTM8009A */ /* Applicable for all LCD daughter boards (MB1166) except for Rev -A09 */

/* USE_LCD_CTRL_NT35510 */ /* Applicable only for LCD daughter boards (MB1166) Rev -A09 */