cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] Update to STM32CubeIDE 1.12.0 (STM32CubeMX 6.8.0) removes Middleware folder and breaks STL build.

MKori.1
Associate III

Hello,

I have a project with a working implementation of the STL (X-Cube-STL).

I recently updated my STM32CubeIDE to version 1.12.0 and everything worked as expected. Now when I open .ioc I get asked if I want to update the .ioc-file to the version 6.8.0.

When I do this 2 things happen after saving the .ico file:

The \Middlewares-folder (containing the STL, according to the user-manual) is deleted without a warning!

The Eclipse project configuration (.cproject) is updated, especially following line is deleted from the build configurations. This breaks the build even when I re-add the Middlewares folder

<entry flags="VALUE_WORKSPACE_PATH" kind="sourcePath" name="Middlewares/ST/STM32_Safety_STL/Src"/>

My questions:

1. Am I missing some new options I have to use, so the Middlewares folder is not deleted? I don't understand why my \Middlewares gets deleted, my \Doc-folder not.
  2. What is the new expected place for the STL?

Thank you!

Best regards

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MKori.1
Associate III

According to the support team, the current workaround for this issue is renaming the Middleware folder. This works, but it isn't really satisfying.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PBull
Associate III

Same problem here!

Tried to update TouchGFX from version 4.20.0 to 4.21.3.

The Middleware folder vanished (with all its libraries)

An almost empty folder "MXTmpFilesCore" occurs.

Project is now completely broken.

MKori.1
Associate III

Hi @Peter BENSCH​,

could you please take a look here?

I normally avoid adressing people directly but I'm not sure how to raise awareness of this issue otherwise. Its now more than 2 months old and there was no feedback if its a BUG or just a very baddly documented new feature ;).

If more information is needed I would gladdly provide it.

Thank you!

Best regards

Martin

Hi @MKori.1​,

I have seen this particular case very well, but I cannot help.

However, I must also point out that although STMicroelectronics employees can occasionally be found in the community and also help, it is primarily intended for mutual help between users.

For personal support, you can contact the online support OLS directly.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MKori.1
Associate III

Hi, thank you for your response and suggestion. I now contacted the online support with this issue.

Best regards,

Martin

(this should be a response to Peter Bensch`s post.)

MKori.1
Associate III

According to the support team, the current workaround for this issue is renaming the Middleware folder. This works, but it isn't really satisfying.