cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 with NUCLEO-F746ZG can connect MCSDK warning overshoot current

KChie.1
Associate II

Sorry this is my first time to use MCSDK, I am not sure what can I do.

I follow Motor Profiler to set my board, and I check my pin map with my motor.

When I want to contorl my motor with MCSDK, it always warning over current.

I am not sure I have to set or edit what.

My motor Max current 10 Apk.

And I have another question, I can connect MCSDK ,but I try connect Motor Profiler warning.

It say control board communication is still missing. Do it effect my control speed accuracy?

I use MotorControl Workbench 5.4.5 to control my BLDC.

Control board: NUCLEO-F746ZG

Motor drive: X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1

Compilation tools: IAR EW for Arm 8.40.1

My motor:

0693W00000BdcLTQAZ.pngIn the MCSDK I set value:

0693W00000BdcLiQAJ.png0693W00000BdcMCQAZ.png0693W00000BdcM7QAJ.png0693W00000BdcLxQAJ.pngHope you can help,

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KChie.1​ ,

can we consider closed also this topic with the solution explained in this thread?

If yes, please "Select as Best" label in this reply.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @KChie.1​ 

Welcome to the STM32 Community

Could you give more details to the STM32 Community about your setup?

That is to say the material you use (HW and also SW): CPU(s), board(s), motor(s), tools and versions, and so on.

And more especially did you use STM32 MC tools and what version of those tools you use (such as MC_suite, STM32 MC Motor Profile, STM32 MC SDK, STM32 MC Workbench, the used example, the origin of the base of your application source code, and so on)?

Please do not forget to also indicate the compilation tools suite you use (with the version number).

Best regards

Dear ​Laurent Ca... (ST Employee)

Thanks for your reply.

I use MotorControl Workbench 5.4.5 to control my BLDC.

Control board: NUCLEO-F746ZG

Motor drive: X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1

Compilation tools: IAR EW for Arm 8.40.1

And some informations edit in my top question.

Thanks,

regards

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @KChie.1​ 

I would like to check with you that my understanding is correct.

• The motor profiler successfully profiled your motor , correct ?
  • The MCSDK does not spin your motor because you have an overcurrent error.

Board IHM08 exists in two flavors, Single shunt or Three shunts. The profiler works only with the three shunts version. (configuration is achieved with solder bridges).

Is your board configuration aligned with the one selected in the MCSDK ? (Three shunts if the profiler is OK)

"And I have another question, I can connect MCSDK ,but I try connect Motor Profiler warning.

It say control board communication is still missing. Do it effect my control speed accuracy?"

Sorry I do not understand what did you try to achieve. The usage of UART is exclusive, so you can not connect both in the same time MCSDK and profiler tool if it is what you tried to do.

Additional question. Your motor has Hall sensors. Did you configure the WB to make use of them ?

Regards

Cedric

Hello cedric H (ST Employee)

1. The motor profiler doesn't successfully.

When I click connect in motor profiler , it finally show this error.

0693W00000CzlTAQAZ.png​2. Yes, I click "start motor" or "Encoder Align" the motor run in a moment, and the Status Over current Light up.

I have check I don't connect both in the same time.

By the way, sometimes the MCSDK connection board may fail, and I need to repeatedly press the button 2-3 times to connect. But I have used the STM32F407 board, but this is unlikely to happen.​

The motor has a Hall encoder, but it is damaged.

It also have a quadrature encoder, so the RPM is mainly obtained based on the quadrature encoder, and it can do in MCSDK.

regards

KChie.1

Hello @KChie.1​ 

Before going forward, you should check what is wrong with the Profiler connection.

Profiler requires the STLink connection in order to flash a dedicated firmware, and also the UART to send command to the board.

Are you sure that the boards you selected in the motor profiler tool are exactly the one you are using ?

Regards

Cedric

Hello cedric H (ST Employee)

Yes, I'm pretty sure I chose X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 and NUCLEO-F746ZG in motor profiler.

And I use motor profiler not open another program to connect NUCLEO-F746ZG.

Can I skip motor profiler and go to use MotorControl Workbench?

When I used STM32F407 before, I never used motor profiler to analyze the motor, and it can work in MotorControl Workbench.

regards

KChie.1

Hello @KChie.1​ ,

Motor Profiler is just an help to discover your motor's characteristics. If you know them, of course you can directly use the MotorControl Workbench and enter your motor characteristics manually.

Regards

Cedric

Hello cedric H (ST Employee),

Thanks your reply.

The warning displayed by MotorControl Workbench is due to over current with my settings, but the Max current provided by my power supply is only 6A. And I setting my overcurrent protection 10A.

Is this because of inaccurate detection? Or is my control board broken?

regards

KChie.1

Hi @KChie.1​ ,

can we consider closed also this topic with the solution explained in this thread?

If yes, please "Select as Best" label in this reply.