cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-PTOOL1V1 is it support 500 rpm to 12000rpm in three wire BLDC Mode.

senthil
Associate II

STEVAL-PTOOL1V1 , is it support 500 rpm to 12000rpm in three wire BLDC Mode. My motor operate 12v or 24V. i Want to Run this BLDC Motor from 500 rpm to 12000rpm at a PWM or Analog Speed Control.i want to also Direction change and Break. this Board has the features?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @senthil​,

all the mentioned features can be managed via firmware with the STEVAL-PTOOL1V1 reference design board.

You can find more details in the board user manual UM2770 and firmware example (STSW-PTOOL1V1) user manual UM2771.

The STSW-PTOOL1V1 firmware example features:

• The timer to generate PWM phase driving signals and current reference
  • Management of parameters such as minimum and maximum speed and direction
  • GPIO, PWM and IRQ configuration
  • Speed control through potentiometer
  • Motor positioning detection through Hall sensors reading and decoding
  • Motor control by trigger switch

I hope this post can help you; if so, consider to mark it as best answer by clicking the label "Select as Best".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @senthil​ 

Welcome to the STM32 Community

Could you give more details to the STM32 Community about your setup -the material you use- ?

(HW and also SW: CPU(s), tools and versions, board(s), motor(s) and so on)

And more especially did you use STM32 MC tools or what version of those tolls you use (such as MC_suite, STM32 MC Motor Profile, STM32 MC SDK, STM32 MC Workbench, the used example, the origin of the base of your application source code, and so on)?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @senthil​

By the way, STEVAL-PTOOL1V1 is a reference design board. I have no idea about control performances of this board but I add "Motor Control Hardware" topic to your question.

Best regards

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @senthil​,

all the mentioned features can be managed via firmware with the STEVAL-PTOOL1V1 reference design board.

You can find more details in the board user manual UM2770 and firmware example (STSW-PTOOL1V1) user manual UM2771.

The STSW-PTOOL1V1 firmware example features:

• The timer to generate PWM phase driving signals and current reference
  • Management of parameters such as minimum and maximum speed and direction
  • GPIO, PWM and IRQ configuration
  • Speed control through potentiometer
  • Motor positioning detection through Hall sensors reading and decoding
  • Motor control by trigger switch

I hope this post can help you; if so, consider to mark it as best answer by clicking the label "Select as Best".