cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steval-Esc001v1

JCEngineer
Associate II

Hello I am trying to use the new X-CUBE-MCSDK 6.1 but can not find the STEVAL-ESC001V1 device in the listed power or control section when I am trying to start a new project. Is this device not supported or am I missing something?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello jcorcoran01,

The STEVAL-ESC001V1 will be added in the next release that should come up around mid-november hopefully.
In case you can't wait for it, know that the Board Manager documentation is out so you can describe it yourself in the meantime.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello jcorcoran01,

I am sorry, but the STEVAL-ESC001V1 is not supported by the MCSDK 6.1. It will be added in the coming releases.
In the meantime, you can try using the 5.4.8 version of the MCSDK, which supports the STEVAL-ESC001V1. However, in that case, you will have to download an older version of CubeMX (5.6 should do), as the 6.9 does not support MCSDK 5.

You also need to know that the STEVAL-ESC001V1 is referred as an inverter and not a power nor a control board.

Thank you for your patience,
Gaël A.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
JCEngineer
Associate II

Is there an estimate of when these coming releases might happen? Is there any additional information on adding your own custom board in the STMC Board Manager? I might be able to just add support for the board myself with some additional info on how the STMC board manager works.

JCEngineer
Associate II

I see that version 6.2 came out but does not appear to support this device yet. Any idea on when the STEVAL-ESC001V1 will be supported? Or any additional information on how to add your own board? Ideally I would be able to add my own as I want to be able to use this with my own custom board based but support for the ESC001V1 will get me close.

Gael A
ST Employee

Hello jcorcoran01,

The STEVAL-ESC001V1 will be added in the next release that should come up around mid-november hopefully.
In case you can't wait for it, know that the Board Manager documentation is out so you can describe it yourself in the meantime.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.