cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flux Weakening Torque Control Mode

SRedd.5
Senior III

I want to use the flux weakening in my project using Workbench 6.2 i generated the code using the below setting

SRedd5_0-1697259954346.png

when i select the speed control mode i can see the tab to select the Flux Weakening regulator.

But when i select the torque control mode 

SRedd5_1-1697260044035.png

The tab for the flux weakening regulator does not appear. I know the flux weakening regulator is used to increase speed. The code for flux weakening does not generate in Torque control mode. So can i use the flux weakening code in torque control mode or not? Can i use the negative Id to increase the speed limit. 

My idea is 

a. generate the code for flux weakening using the speed control mode.

b. integrate the code.

c. Use the torque control mode and give negative Id.

Does it work like this? Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello SRedd.5,

Using Flux Weakening in Torque Mode can be counterproductive. In fact, when reaching the speed limit for which the Flux Weakening is enabled, the algorithm will set a negative Id value, thus speeding up your motor. However, this can lead to a decreasing of your Iq value, which will overwrite your current reference. In that case, you end up with a Torque Control Mode without any idea of your torque value.

Moreover, in Speed Mode Flux Weakening, there is a point where your PID Speed is regulated thanks to PID_SetLowerIntegralTermLimit. This is rendered useless in Torque Mode, so the Flux Weakening may be able to increase your Id value to the point of motor demagnetization.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello SRedd.5,

Using Flux Weakening in Torque Mode can be counterproductive. In fact, when reaching the speed limit for which the Flux Weakening is enabled, the algorithm will set a negative Id value, thus speeding up your motor. However, this can lead to a decreasing of your Iq value, which will overwrite your current reference. In that case, you end up with a Torque Control Mode without any idea of your torque value.

Moreover, in Speed Mode Flux Weakening, there is a point where your PID Speed is regulated thanks to PID_SetLowerIntegralTermLimit. This is rendered useless in Torque Mode, so the Flux Weakening may be able to increase your Id value to the point of motor demagnetization.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.