cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SENSORLESS MOTOR CONTROL TUNING

hashiR
Associate II

hello community,

I am using IHM17m1 with nucleo F401RE to control an 3v bldc motor from maxon , facing some issues in tuning 

issues

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - the motor parameters are important for sensorless motor control , i need some parameters for motor control work bench so i calculated some values but even after putting that some variables in motor pilot (torque) is not correct .

hashiR_0-1727075914594.png

hashiR_1-1727076092046.png

attached the motor data sheet , i want to know that how to calculate the motor workbench parameters from this data sheet (i want to know whether my calculations are correct or not)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

issue 2 - my rotor inertia is 0.000165 according to my calculation , but i can only enter 0.001 in motor control work bench . is that become a problem (facing some issues with proper working of my motor)

hashiR_2-1727076423495.png

5 REPLIES 5
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello hashiR,

For motor parameters calculation, know that we provide a tool called MotorProfiler that allow you to retrieve this information and create a motor file for all your upcoming projects. You can find the dedicated documentation via WorkBench, by clicking on About -> Documentations -> Documentation -> in the newly open browser window, click on User Manual, and then Motor Profiler Application Note. Please mind that depending on the MCSDK version you are using, this might not be available. We recommend using our latest MCSDK (v6.3.0).

Finally, the inertia is only used for PID computations, that can be manually tuned through the MotorPilot, so having a wrong one to start with is not a severe issue.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

thanks for the fast reply Gael,

i tried with motor profiler . motor was running but its stuck in 32% of profiling . do we have any other option to calculate the value with out motor profiler ?

Hello hashiR,

Could you give me more infos on your setup ? Which MCSDK are you using ?
Also, have you tried tinkering with the max speed, and max current values of the motor Profiler ? Even if the input values are different, the output should always be the same, and the max current and speed can always be modified afterwards.

You can compute most Profiler values manually by following the STM32 MC Wiki guide, but the inertia is not specified (though as I mentioned in my previous post, it is only useful for PID determination, which is often better tuned by hand)

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

sorry , i forgot to mention that i was using latest MCSDK (v6.3.0).

thank for for your reply,

i am using latest MCSDK (v6.3.0) 

hardware - IHM17M1 with nucleo F401RE

motor - 3v bldc motor from maxon

i was given the maximum current & speed values to motor profiler