cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK 6.3 Hall Initialization Failing and Missing mp_hall_tuning.c File

CharlvdM
Associate

I'm working on a project with the EVALSTDRIVE101, and my motor has Hall sensors. I'm able to use the Hall sensors with SDK 6.2, but with SDK 6.3, the processor runs to the HardFault_Handler routine if the Hall sensors are enabled (as an auxiliary speed sensor).

If the Hall sensor is enabled, the HT_Init function is called in the FOC_Init function in the mc_tasks_foc.c file. However, if I step into the function, a file opens indicating "Can't find a source file ... mp_hall_tuning.c." If I keep stepping through the disassembly, I eventually get to the fault routine. Something obviously broke in the new implementation.

Can someone tell me where the mp_hall_tuning.c file is and why I don't have access to it? Is it included in a precompiled statically compiled library or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you. Initializing the pMCIList pointer solved the problem.

Could you please still tell me where the missing mp_hall_tuning.c file is? Is it included in a precompiled statically compiled library?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @CharlvdM,

It is a known issue and it will be fixed on further WorkBench version.

Could you please have a look at this post? 
A correction is available to solve it.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

Thank you. Initializing the pMCIList pointer solved the problem.

Could you please still tell me where the missing mp_hall_tuning.c file is? Is it included in a precompiled statically compiled library?

Hello @CharlvdM ,

You are right, it is part of compiled library.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA