cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with code genration from STM Motor Control WB

Frank19
Associate

Hello,

I am trying to use STM32 Motor Control Workbench(which I downloaded from the material of Motor control part 5 package) to control a BLDC motor with FOC. The motor I have is a custom one, the control board and power board are going to be custom one, but for now, I want to use STM32F401-RE NUCLEO BOARD as a control board for testing and evaluation.

After setting all the motor parameters, the shunt resistor values and all the conditions and startup ramps and so on, I want to generate code to see what I am going to upload on the microcontroller, and here I have my first problem. When I click on generate, as you see below, I can choose as firmware package version the reccomended one(1.22.0), the one that I have installed (1.28.0) or the latest one

Frank19_0-1718880196828.png

Frank19_1-1718880258960.png

Whichever version I choose, there is the reqest to setup an internet connection, even for the one on my PC

Frank19_2-1718880416179.png

If I click on yes, then I'm stuck on this other window, with this error if I click on check connection

Frank19_3-1718880547156.png

If I decide for a NO, then this window appears, asking me for another FW version with respect to the one I select. If I click on continue, ignoring the warning , I have several fatal errors higlighted, then the compiling phase starts, and ends with the yellow text compiled with errors

Frank19_4-1718880654601.png

Frank19_5-1718880780208.png

And after closing the tab of generation code, onto STM32 motor control WB it appears the red writing, saying

Generation Failed

Now, if I go looking inside the folder in which I save the project I see that in fact the generation has produced some files .c and .h, but I don't know if they are correct. The same for the .ioc, that I can open on CUbeMX.

However, due to those errors, I am not sure that what I open is correct.

Can someone help me figuring out this whole thing?

Is it a matter of versions of the programs?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @Frank19,

Welcome to the ST Community! Firstly, could you please have a look at this post to ease a response.

Which MC Workbench version are you using?
For the Tool/FW version to be use with your WB version, please have a look to the release note documentation available through WorkBench Tool>Documentation>"Release Note". Tools and FW version are listed in "STM32Cube Environment" chapters.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA