cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about adding the CANopen protocol to STM32CubeMX.

Dldw.1
Associate II

The CANopen protocol can be added in STM32Cubemx6.5.0, which is great! I added the emotas. I-cube-canopen.1.1.2 extension package to CubeMX Software Packs. After the Build was set up, the code was compiled normally and started to run. However, after running for a period of time, a message indicating hardware failure is displayed.CANopen is said by Emotas to have copyright restrictions, is that the reason? Hope to guide the solution.

14 REPLIES 14

Hello, Yes its very likely that this is the cause.

Hello the information you probaly are looking for is in the file:

/Middlewares/Third_Party/emotas_CANopen/emotas_CANopen/Documentation/readme.txt

I'm sorry that it's a little bit hidden but ST did not allowed us to place it directly in the project root folder.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

To my knowledge, there is CANFestival which is an open source version of CANopen,

Try to google it.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your answer,

I have checked the description document under the generation project, which clearly indicates that Emotas has a copyright permission problem. I wonder if there is a free version of the reduced version that can work normally. It would be nice if ST would consider integrating the open source CanFestival, which is much more convenient for users.

Best regards to you.

Dldw.

Hi Ozone,

​Thank you for your answer.

OK,I'm going to implement it with the examples of CanFestival .

Best regards to you.

Dldw.