cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about adding the CANopen protocol to STM32CubeMX.

Dldw.1
Associate II

The CANopen protocol can be added in STM32Cubemx6.5.0, which is great! I added the emotas. I-cube-canopen.1.1.2 extension package to CubeMX Software Packs. After the Build was set up, the code was compiled normally and started to run. However, after running for a period of time, a message indicating hardware failure is displayed.CANopen is said by Emotas to have copyright restrictions, is that the reason? Hope to guide the solution.

14 REPLIES 14
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Did you contact Emotas and got a license to use CANOpen stack?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Dldw.1​ "CANopen is said by Emotas to have copyright restrictions, is that the reason?"

Have you asked Emotas that question?

It has the MadeForSTM32 badge - which means that they should be providing support for it:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001WIWlVSAX/new-madeforstm32-what-does-it-actually-mean

@Dldw.1​ "after running for a period of time, a message indicating hardware failure is displayed"

Would that "period of time" happen to be 1 hour, by any chance ... ?

0693W00000NrSW8QAN.png

Hi Soflit �?Andrew,

Thank you very much for your answer

I went to the website of Emotas, but could not find the entry for obtaining a complete licence.

Best regards to you.

Dldw.

Go on - there's two 'Contact' links at the top of the page::

0693W00000NrVNEQA3.png 

(might be spelled the German way - "Kontakt")

Dldw.1
Associate II

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your kind answer

I'll try to get in touch with them.

Best regards to you.

Dldw.

Just saying ...

Dealing with CANopen implementations and stacks almost daily, you can expect a 4-digit price.

Alternatively, you can look for an open-source stack, and implement the HAL layer yourself.

Hi Ozone,

Thank you for your advice

Are there any recommended resources?

Best regards to you.

Dldw.

ged
Associate

Hi, I am Torsten from emotas and well, a 4-digit price was a good estimation. If you plan to to a commercial project, you will get a well-proven CANopen stack with the MadeForSTM32 logo and support from us. If you rather do a private project, I can understand that the price exceeds the budget.

Best Regards

Torsten