cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-NUCLEO-IHM03 giving startup failure

tejas_amp
Associate III

The P-NUCLEO-IHM03 with type selected as "FOC" has the firmware pre-installed. After pushing Blue start/stop button, the motor starts but fails to continue.

In Motor pilot, it is showing that a fault is thrown (startup failure) and the motor shuts down. The P-NUCLEO-IHM03 Black button needs to be pressed to clear the fault, but the motor still does not continue to run upon Blue button start.

Control Board: NUCLEO-G431RB  
Power Board: X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1
Motor: Gimbal GBM2804H-100Tthis.png

39 REPLIES 39

Reply?? Thanks for your support.

???????

Will you help? 

Hi, Can we follow up now?

Gael A
ST Employee

Hello tejas_amp, I hope you had a lovely weekend too,

By looking at your current curves, it seems that there is a Hardware issue. At this point it could come from anywhere in the IHM16, but please first make sure that it is configured correctly, especially JP4 and JP7 for Shunt configuration, and J5 and J6 for current sensing :

IHM16_HW_Config.PNG

If this is ok, the next step would be to have a look at the IHM16 schematics and see if any component is missing.
Maybe there is a resistor missing in the current feedback part :

IHM16_Curr_fdbk.PNG

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Can you please confirm what is meant by "Solder bridge at bottom"?, JP4 and JP7 are already Open.

For others, I have checked the connection and schematics and they are correctly present. 
"By looking at your current curves, it seems that there is a Hardware issue", In Open Loop test, since Ia (Blue) waveform was coming approx 0. Is this the reason that there is possible Hardware issue?

Actually, the kit was working fine on initially system. But when I changed the system, it is not working anywhere now.

Should I replace IHM16 with new one and then try? Or the problem can be in microcontroller or motor as well?

Gael A
ST Employee

Hello tejas_amp,

"Solder bridge at bottom" means that the solder bridges are located on the reverse side of the Power Board.

Ia and Ib currents are current phases from your motor, they should look like that :

OL_Current.PNG

If you have absolutely no current on one phase, then yes, it means you have a HW issue, because nothing is received from the motor, even in Open Loop.

I am happy to learn that the system you bought was initially functional. However, if you made some modifications that proved to be unfortunate, that is out of the scope of the support we can provide. I can only advise you to revert those changes in order to recover your setup. However, depending on the modifications, be aware that you might have permanently damaged your hardware.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

The image you have shown is of Open Loop or Closed Loop?

I haven't modified any thing just changed my computer. Should I replace IHM16 with new one and then try? Or the problem can be in microcontroller/motor as well? 

Thanks for all your support.

Gael A
ST Employee

Hello tejas_amp,

The picture was taken with an Open Loop setup, however you would expect the same behavior from a Closed Loop.

Well if you have another IHM16 then it won't hurt to try. I highly doubt that a simple change of computer has made your project unfunctional. The problem lies elsewhere, though I have my opinion on its whereabouts : it is very likely to be from the IHM16.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Thanks for all your help!

I found the problem was in one of the windings of motor internally, rectified it and now the project is working fine. Thanks again for all your support.