cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-NUCLEO-IHM03 giving startup failure

tejas_amp
Associate III

The P-NUCLEO-IHM03 with type selected as "FOC" has the firmware pre-installed. After pushing Blue start/stop button, the motor starts but fails to continue.

In Motor pilot, it is showing that a fault is thrown (startup failure) and the motor shuts down. The P-NUCLEO-IHM03 Black button needs to be pressed to clear the fault, but the motor still does not continue to run upon Blue button start.

Control Board: NUCLEO-G431RB  
Power Board: X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1
Motor: Gimbal GBM2804H-100Tthis.png

39 REPLIES 39
Gael A
ST Employee

Also, please provide real time currents of an Open Loop project. At first in Open Loop voltage, and if it works, then in Open Loop Currents, that will help finding the root cause of the issue.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
Gael A
ST Employee

Yes, this is the Open Loop mode.

Concerning the User Manual of the IHM16, I am referring to this one : https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2415-getting-started-with-the-xnucleoihm16m1-threephase-brushless-motor-driver-board-based-on-stspin830-for-stm32-nucleo-stmicroelectronics.pdf

The one you are referring to is the P-IHM03 pack User Manual.

And concerning the User Manual of the MCSDK, which contains a "How to use the Open Loop mode", I am referring to the one you can find via WorkBench by clicking on About -> Documentations -> Documentation -> in the newly open browser window, click on User Manual. Then click on Open loop description and usage.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Okay. Connections are set correctly as per the manual. 

Open Loop Voltage Mode Ia and Ib Motor state is "RUN" but its not spinning.

tejas_amp_0-1718361380651.png

Open Loop Current Mode, Ia and Ib, same thing happening:

tejas_amp_1-1718361460266.png

Parameters:

tejas_amp_2-1718361558724.png

What does this open loop result shows?

??

Pls reply

Hello tejas_amp,

For the usage of the Open Loop mode, please read thoroughly the dedicated entry in the MCSDK User Manual.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

You had asked to provide real time currents. Those are there or is something other required?

Hello @tejas_amp 

We pay a lot of attention to user experience and put a lot of effort into documentation. In return, we ask our users to spend the minimum amount of time necessary to read the documentation, and we are fully committed to helping you if anything is unclear and improving our documentation.

Is there some points in the open loop documentation you did not understand we can improve?

More accurately, could you tell me how we could improve this extract of the documentation?

cedricH_0-1718367992324.png

Regards

Cedric

Hi, I have read & followed the documentation properly this time. Next time will make sure, this don't get repeat.

Below are the results of "Open Loop" Voltages and Currents by varying Vref and Fluxref parameters as speed of motor increases. I have varied them from V: 10 to 80 and Flux: 0.5 to 2 A. The motor state is showing "RUN" but motor is still and producing noise Please suggest further.

Parameters:

ParametersParameters

OL_Voltage:
OL_V0.png

OL_V1.png

OL_Current:

OL_I0.png

OL_I1.png