cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My motor don't rotates alone unless I manually make it rotates first

Gnahore
Senior

Hi,

When I flash a code that contain to start the motor (MC_StartMotor1) or press start on ST Motor Pilot, my motor doesn't manage to rotate on its own. It's like it is stuck and need help manually to finally be able to spin. 

Any idea what could be the issue and how to solve this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Physical abstractions (a deformation or a piece of iron,... that does not let it rotate or a manufacturing defect).

Also try to increase the current to 5 or 6A and increase the RPM to 500 . That may give it the power he need to start.

Best regards.

II

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @Gnahore 

I think it is most probably a mechanical issue in the motor. I suggest you to check for physical abstractions. Also, check your motor health and alimentation (if the power the motor receiving is suffisent or not).

Best regards.

II

Hello @Issamos 

What is "physical abstraction"? Here is some info about the motor. 

Capture d'écran 2023-09-12 114420.png

I set the generator (supply) at 36V, the current at 3A and the RPM max at 200. 

Zied b.
ST Employee

have you imported your Motor from the .json generated by the motor profiler on the MC Workbench? after running the Motor on the motor profiler, you can click on "Gui" at the top left then load the "MC_FOC_SDK.qml" file and try to start the Motor directly.

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

Yes I did and this is what I am doing right now but the motor doesn't spin on its own unless I help it first. It want to rotate but it can't. Which is a bit surprising because the motor profiler have no issue making it spin. 

Physical abstractions (a deformation or a piece of iron,... that does not let it rotate or a manufacturing defect).

Also try to increase the current to 5 or 6A and increase the RPM to 500 . That may give it the power he need to start.

Best regards.

II

Try setting the speed a little higher. on your document it is indicated 600RPM so the motor can go beyond 200RPM

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

I'll reply to both of you @Issamos @Zied b. 

@Zied b. I increased the speed but it didn't change anything

@Issamos I increased the current to 5A as you suggested and it worked ! I could also increase the speed from 0 to 400 and it also worked. Is that generally the case? Setting the current at the lowest accepted value may impact the  working of a motor ?

@Gnahore 

Happy to now that solved your issue. The current is in a direct relation with the motor torque. The motor torque is basic for engine start. 

Sense your question is answered, close this topic by choosing the best answer.

Best regards.

II