cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't complete ST Motor Profiler nor make my motor rotates from C generated code

Gnahore
Senior

Hello,

Level : beginner

Hardware : NUCLEO-F302R8 + X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 + Qmot BLDC motor

Software : Motor Control Benchwork 5.4.6, STM32CubeMX 5.6.0 and STM32CubeIDE 1.12.1

I'm trying to follow this tutoriel : STM32StepByStep:Getting started with Motor Control - stm32mcu (stmicroelectronics.cn)

First issue : when I try to use the ST Motor Profiler and click on the start profile button, I can't complete it because my board start smoking and the process stop because of overheating fault. What's the reason of that?

Second issue : I open ST Motor Control Workbench to create a new project. I select Single motor as System,  Custom as Application Type, Power & Control as Selected Boards, NUCLEO-F302R8 as Control Board, X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1-3Sh as Power Board and Generic lov voltage <= 50V as Motor. I change the motor parameters, more precisely Electrical Parameters : 4 as pole pairs, 4000rpm, 5Apk, 36V, 0.35Ohm, 1mH and I leave the B-emf constant as default because I don't know what it is and where to find the info. After that I generate the code but here come the issue when I build the project ; in the sysmem.c file, the compiler says unknown type name 'caddr_t'. I went on Google and changed it by 'void*'. Was it right ?

Last issue : after changing every 'caddr_t' by 'void*' in the sysmem.c file, I encounter no error anymore so I run the program. Once I click on the user button, the motor rotates 1 second then stop by itself. Is that was it supposed to? I don't think so.. So I moved on to the next step which is the 2.3 from the tutorial. I add these lines in my code :

while (1)
  {
	  MC_StartMotor1();
	  HAL_Delay(2000); 
      MC_StopMotor1();
 }

But then when i run the program, the motor still rotates 1second then stop.

What am I constantly doing wrong???? I'm so frustrated right now and I can't find any thing to help me on the internet 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Gnahore 
have you upgraded to version 6.1.2 of the MCSDK? because it corrects this connection problem.
Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @Gnahore 
You are using a old version of MCSDK, can you try with Version 6.1.2 and tell me if you have the same problems? We will be able to provide you better support if you are using a more recent version. 
Regard

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

Hello @Zied b. 

I'm using a old version because I can't even start profiling with ST motor pilot v1.1.12. Everytime I click on connect, it send me back to the select board page (see pictures attached).

At least the old version I can start profiling but my board can't handle...

hello @Gnahore ,
This problem has been solved normally in version 1.1.9 which is integrated with MCSDK 6.1.2 can you try it please?
Another solution is not to install the MCSDK in the program files but in another folder, for example "Documents"

@Zied b. 

I did what you suggest and it doesn't redirect me back to the select board page anymore. That's great, however I get an over votage fault which I don't understand why (see picture). What's wrong? 

@Gnahore 
Oh that's good news.
So Does this error appear when you click on start profile , or do you constantly have it?
Regards

@Zied b. 

I don't know, I just want to start profiling and I can't because of this

@Gnahore 
Have you tried lowering the voltage? and then see if the error led turns orange? if it turns orange click on ack faults

Hi @Zied b. 

I don't know if it's related but I removed one resistor and after that I didn't had the issue no more.

Now, I'm working with the real motor I'm supposed to. I have 0 info about the motor I'm working with. So thanks to ST motor profiler want to get more info. I don't know how many pole my motor has, so I click on "detect pole" and I get the message to connect my device first, so I click on connect but then it redirected me back to the select board page....

Hello @Gnahore 
have you upgraded to version 6.1.2 of the MCSDK? because it corrects this connection problem.
Regards