cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Motor Control Toolbox with STM32G491CCUx?

GSeme.1
Associate II

How can I get from code generated with the Motor Control Toolbox (MCSDK_v5.Y.3) that doesn't allow selection of the STM32G491CCUx processor to a build that will run on a board with that processor?

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @GSeme.1​ ,

Did you tried the new release 5.Y.4 of the XCUBE_MCSDK?

NEW STM32 MC-SDK version 5.Y.4

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Are there release notes for this new version that I can look at to see if support for the 491 has been added? I don't want to install a new version in the middle of a project unless / until I know that it supports the 491.

Thanks,

Greg

Hello @GSeme.1​ ,

The MCSDK does not support the STM32G491 by default.

The strategy is to generate an IOC file for the closest STM32 supported by the workbench. In your case, I think it would be the STM32G431 or STM32G474.

At the generation phase, the workbench produces a complete project structure and the IOC file.

the second step is to import this Motor control IOC into cubeMX.

In order to do so, open cubeMX and create a new project with your targeted MCU (STM32G491). This new project must be free of any configurations.

In File menu, select import project, and then select your Motor control IOC.

The import feature is not 100% accurate, I recommend you to check that the Motor control configurations are correctly applied to your new MCU. The clock tree must also be carefully checked.

Once your configuration is Ok, generate your code from cubeMX.

Best Regards

Cedric