cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I migrate a motor control application from STM32G431 to STMG491?

GSeme.1
Associate II

I have created and developed a motor control application using the B-G431B-ESC1 development board which has an STM32G431CB MCU. My product board has STM32G491CCU MCU. I went through the process of creating a fresh STM32G491CCU project in CubeMX (and made no changes) and then imported the .ioc file from the development board project. That seemed to go well - no errors but I had to change the ADCx clock from "Async Div 1" to "Async Div 4" because when I generated the code it complained that "Async Div 1" was invalid. Anyway, I continued on and tried to build the project in CubeIDE (v1.7.0). I had to resolve header / include issues to get everything to compile but then I get linker errors. I have verified that the library exists and is in the directory that the linker is searching and I have verified that the functions that can't be found are in fact in the library file.

The reason I had to take this path to creating the 491 project is because the Motor Control Toolbox won't allow the 491 to be selected. The 491 is a superset of the 431 and it can actually be purchased which is why it was used on the product board and not the 431. Is it possible that the library won't link those files for a 491 because the 491 isn't supported by the motor control toolbox? If so, how can I confirm this? If this is the case it is a big problem for me (and the client).

Any advice / assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Linker error log attached

0 REPLIES 0