cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change between FOC and 6-step algorithm?

Popeye
Associate III

This might be the most banal question you've heard all day. I don't know if it's even possible, but I thought there is the option of switching between the two. I'm using hall sensors for my application, so it probably doesn't matter much either way.

Would any kind soul help me out? Any advice is appreciated (especially screenshots of where to find stuff within the latest MotorControl Workbench V5)

I'm using a B-G431B-ESC1, by the way.

4 REPLIES 4
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello Popeye

MCSDK's latest version 6.1 allows usage of both 6 Step and FOC algorithms. The selection can be done during project creation, as can be seen below :

0693W00000Y9ixLQAR.pngConcerning 5.Y and older versions of MCSDK, 6 Step algorithm is only available via examples that can be found on home page of the Workbench.

0693W00000Y9iysQAB.pngHoping this will be of any help.

Gael A.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
Popeye
Associate III

@Gael A​ , thanks for your answer. I tried to use V6, but it came with an ancient version of Motor Profiler (V1.1) and seemingly no way of updating it. I'm using V1.3.2 now. Is there a way I can get the latest version of the profiler and MotorControl V6 working together? I think it could help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Got it :) Turns out version ok, I just had trouble connecting the first time.

Gael A
ST Employee

Hello Popeye,

MCSDK 6.1 provides the specificity to merge Motor Pilot and Motor Profiler. The release version of the Motor Profiler is now following the one from the Motor Pilot. Although you have a 1.3.2 version of the profiler, the latest one is in fact the 1.1.3 (Motor Pilot + Motor Profiler) that you downloaded with MCSDK 6.1.

Thank you for your feedback,

Gaël A

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Thank you!