cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I operate motor profiler from Motor Pilot V1.1.5?

MAnde.11
Associate III

Whenever I detect boards, the software tells me it needs to update the firmware on the target. Then it pops up a dialog that says it is checking ST-Link connection. However, it says in this state forever without error or progress. How can I either install the fw it wants ahead of time or convince it that the connection is fine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SamHansen42
Associate III
10 REPLIES 10
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @MAnde.11​ , we are currently working on a profiler fix, can you replace the attached file "profiler.qml" in your "Motor Pilote" folder at location "MC_SDK_6. 1.1\Utilities\PC_Software\STMotorPilot\GUI" and remove all binaries that are not 6.1.1 at the location "MC_SDK_6.1.1\Utilities\PC_Software\STMotorPilot\STM32CubeProgrammer\Fw"

Normally you should have no more problems. Can you confirm that it works please? 

thank you

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

Unfortunately it still has the same issue (hangs at the Check St-Link connection part).

I unzipped the attached file, and replace the profiler.qml file in the GUI directory. I also deleted all 6.1.0 and 6.0.0 files from the Fw directory.

I replaced the .qml file as well as deleted the hex files that where not 6.1.1 for the dev kit I was using. No dice.

Also took the hex file for my dev kit, and flashed to dev kit using stm32cubeprogrammer. That is succesful, but then the motor profiler tool wants to erase it again and get stuck in same spot.

SamHansen42
Associate III

Wow, thanks for taking time to post this even after you found a solution. To be clear, I just installed it in C:/ST/something and it worked out of the box. Probably something about space in the path.

Glass half empty: the motor profiler blew my B-G431B-ESC1 on the first attempt (sparks and everything). Guess I shouldn't have tried so hard to get it to work.

Did you get the hall profiler working or only the FOC (sensorless) profiler up and going?

I had it working with FOC sensorless and it was spinning the motor and everything. I just had to put the motor parameters in myself. However, I wanted to try out the profiler because I have some other motors I need to spin that are a bit more of a mystery. When I ran the profiler (on the same motor that the code was already spinning) something on my controller blew, probably a MOSFET.

Hi MAnde.11,

I had similar issue with B-G431B-ESC1. I entered all the parameters in the profiler. The motor started rotating for 2 sec and stopped. the next thing i noticed was, the processor blew up.

The parameters used

Pole pair :4

Vbus : 24v

Max current : 2.4 A

Max speed : 2400 rpm

Could you please let me know, if you found out the actual issue behind this?