cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! I can't make the engine spin! I am using NUCLEO-F446RE and X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1. Engine PL57BLF01.

AndrewSibiryack
Associate III

Hi!

How to make a project with a motor in the "speed control" mode without using Hall sensors, but using an incremental encoder. With a simple replacement in the "MotorControl Workbench", the properties of the motor and the properties of the speed sensor do not lead to success. In this case, there is only the initial push of the motor, then its stop and subsequent heating of the motor. Thank you in advance!

16 REPLIES 16
GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

You could have such behavior if the Motor phases u/v/w are not correctly connected to Ihm08 OUT1/2/3, could you verify this point?

On the other hand, when you connect the motor pilot, did you check that speed is correctly reported on "ENCODER_SPEED" register (Registers tab on motor pilot) when spinning the motor by hand?

Does motor spin in sensor less mode?

Best regards.

GMA

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
AndrewSibiryack
Associate III

Hi!

In the "sensorless" and "quadrature encoder" mode, an initial rotation of 45-60 degrees occurs and the rotor stops and remains fixed. at this moment, it shows that the maximum power consumption is 65 watts. The engine is very hot.

I use Motor Control Workbench 5.4.8. In the monitor, after connecting via the serial interface, when the motor shaft rotates from the mains in the "measured speed" register, the readings change from 0 to 4-6.

According to the manufacturer's documentation, the motor has phase 1 - yellow wire, phase 2 - green wire and phase 3 - blue wire. The yellow wire is connected to the input 1 of the board, the green wire is connected to the output 2 of the board, the blue wire is connected to the output 3 of the board.

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

In sensor-less mode, phases connection will not be an issue...

Did you use Work Bench profiler for your motor? If no, could you try it in order to see if profiler is able at least to spin the motor?

I assume that J5 and J6 on IHM08 are correctly set according to 3Shunt configuration...

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
AndrewSibiryack
Associate III

Hello!

There used to be Hall sensors on this motor, then I connected it to "Motor Profiler 5.4.8" and saved it to the database based on the test results. when creating projects with this motor, I specify it together with the boards used. In the configuration with Hall sensors, the "speed control" mode works immediately after compilation into the Keil and loading the program into the microcontroller. Can connect to "Motor Profiler 5.4.8" with encoder?

Thanks in advance!

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

Motor profiler doesn't use any sensor (hall or encoder).

As far as I understand from your previous post, you have been able to profile PL57BLF01 motor with "NUCLEO-F446RE" / "X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 3Shunt" boards and WB profiler 5.4.8, isn't it?!

Best regards.
GMA
AndrewSibiryack
Associate III

I turned on the motor with a profiler and an encoder. He passed all the tests. updated the project to the newly saved motor. Recompiled, downloaded, and now there is not even a starting push...

AndrewSibiryack
Associate III

Yes. Motor - PL57BLF01, + "NUCLEO-F446RE" / "X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 3Shunt" + Incremental Rotary Encoder Omron E6B2-CWZ6C.

AndrewSibiryack
Associate III

I can archive the entire project and send IT to YOU! To do?

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

Ok, please do so.

Best regards.
GMA