cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with NUCLEO-F446RE + IHM07M1 3Sh + Faulhaber BLDC motor3274

Raül G
Associate II

Hello, I need the excellent community support 🙂

I'm just starting to control a BLDC motor and I bought the X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1.

The main issue is that the software Motor Profiler give me an error when it try to configure the Faulhaber motor 3274BP4 (attached the motor specs). 

The jumpers configuration in the control board are:

J6 - 3Sh selected

J5 - 3Sh selected

JP1 - Closed

JP2 - Closed

JP3 - Open (I'm not using the hall sensors yet).

J9 - Closed (I assume this jumper is to power the NUCLEO-F446RE from the motor controller).

Somebody can help me if I need to make some electronics modifications in the motor controller boards to detect the BMEF? What I'm doing wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Ra�l G​ 

Have you tried with an another motor?

Best regards

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @Ra�l G​ ,

The profiler has some limitations with low inductance motors.

Fortunately, in your case, all the motor characteristics are provided in the specification.

You can try to start a new project, and enter the motor parameters manually :

RS should be 0.253/2

LS should be 0.064/2

BEMF is 2.94 (mV/Min-1) is equivalent to (V/krpm)

Best Regards

Cedric

Yes @Laurent Ca...​ the problem is the same with an other motor (same reference).

Thanks!

Hello @cedric H​ ,

thanks for your answer, the main problem is that I'm just starting with the STM32 and the motor control board and I need support. Where I should start a new project? In the Motor profiler? Motor control Workbench? Or directly in the SRM32CubeIDE?

A manual to follow it step by step is appreciated.

Thanks!

Raül.

Raül G
Associate II

Hello,

I found where I can introduce the motor parameters in the ST Motor Control Workbench.

After introduce the "correct values" of the motor, the motor dont move.

0693W00000HqPQQQA3.pngI tryied to configure the hall sensors to be used as a main sensor, but the problem remains. Also I placed the Jumper JP3 in the IHM07M1 board.

Any idea?

By the way...If I don't want to use the Hall sensors, what's the most apropiated sensor-less? Oserver+PLL? Observer + Cordic? HFI+Observer?

Thanks for your support!

Raül.

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello,

JP3 can be always closed. It does not hurt if you run in sensor-less mode.

HFI is not supported anymore. As a first try, I would advise you to start with Observer+PLL.

Hall sensors configuration requires some tuning. Hall sensors topology and Electrical delta angle must be known and filled in the Sensors tab of the motor parameters. Be aware that with Hall sensors, the order of the phases does matter. (which is not the case in sensor-less)

Last point, the nominal current value in the WB represents the max current the motor can sustain without damage, the value you enter is the typical current without any load. I suggest you to increase this value.

Regards

Cedric

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Ra�l G​ 

Does this last answer solve your problems?

Best regards

Raül G
Associate II

Hello @Laurent Ca...​ and @cedric H​ ,

thanks for your support, but unfortunatelly the motor don't works.

Of course I replaced the nominal current and also I tested all wiring motor configurations to try to match each motor winding with the Hall sensor, but the problem remains.

I tryied to move the motor with a low cost ESC made for radio controller and it works, but as expected it have problems at low speed.

I'm thinking to buy the STEVAL-ESC001V1 evaluation board, do you think I will have the same problemas as the X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1?

Any idea? Anybody can suggest me a hardware modification to increase the current detection? I have an oscilloscope if it is necessary to check at any point...

BR,

Raul