cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, i am using the evalboard EVSPIN32G4 and my question is: Can you use an external pin as an input for a fault signal? For example if this external signal switches HIGH or LOW the Gate Signals will turn low and all MOSFETs will open? Thanks!

BPfei.1
Associate II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BPfei.1
Associate II

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

My solution is that I short-circuit the jumper J1 via a transistor in the error state and thus the gate driver automatically goes into error, since the maximum possible drain-source voltage can be 0 V in this case and an error is therefore triggered directly.

Regards

Bernd

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @BPfei.1​  and welcome to the ST Community.

To achieve the operation you described you could use the break function (BKIN) of timer TIM1.

When activated, the break circuitry shuts down the PWM outputs and forces them to a predefined safe state.

You have two options to associate the TIM1_BKIN function:

- a User Switch: SW1 or SW2

or

- the PA15 GPIO, available on pin 1 of CN5 Arduino connector.

Let me know if these info are useful to you, if yes please "Select as Best" label to close the topic.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
BPfei.1
Associate II

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

My solution is that I short-circuit the jumper J1 via a transistor in the error state and thus the gate driver automatically goes into error, since the maximum possible drain-source voltage can be 0 V in this case and an error is therefore triggered directly.

Regards

Bernd