cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use or program STM32F103CB MCU on EVSPIN32G4?

BPfei.1
Associate II

Hi there,

on the EVSPIN32G4 are the STM32G431 MCU and the STM32F103CB MCU. Currently I only have the STM code generation programmed for

STM32G431 MCU. Is it possible to program the STM32F103CB MCU with the STM Workbench too, so that I can e.g. control the AD converters from this STM32F103CB MCU too?

And can i transfer data from one MCU to the other?

Thanks and best regards

Bernd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STM32F103CBT6 controls the debugger block ST-LINK/V2-1 and is used to access the STM32G4 via USB as well as to provide a Virtual COM port via USB. Of course, you could reprogram the STM32F103 using the internal bootloader, but then you would lose access to the STM32G4.

Does that make sense?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STM32F103CBT6 controls the debugger block ST-LINK/V2-1 and is used to access the STM32G4 via USB as well as to provide a Virtual COM port via USB. Of course, you could reprogram the STM32F103 using the internal bootloader, but then you would lose access to the STM32G4.

Does that make sense?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

yes make sense,

Thanks!