Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSPIN32F02Q1S1 + BLDC motor

BSEO
Associate

[VERSION]: ver 6.2.0

[TOOL]: MC Workbench ver 6.2.0, STM32CubeMX, STM32CubeIDE

[DETAILS]: I am new to STM motor control software and I am trying to use the MCSDK and the EVSPIN32F02Q1S1 inverter board to run a BLDC motor (datasheet attached). I am trying to use the hall sensors for speed sensing, but when I do, I am unable to control the speed of the motor at all (it will spin at a constant speed) and the motor will randomly switch directions back and forth. My "Sensors displacement" is set to 120 and the "Placement electrical angle" is set to 60. I tried adjusting the PI parameters slightly from the automatically calculated ones, but I'm not quite sure what a reasonable range for my motor is. I then tried using sensorless mode (Observer + PLL) and the Motor Pilot, and this method allows me to ramp the speed, but it will ignore my target rpm and keep accelerating to a much higher rpm. I'm not quite sure what the issue would be. Does anyone have any tips on how I should continue in order to control the motor using the hall sensors and the ST Motor Pilot GUI? TIA

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @BSEO,

Using sensorless mode (Observer + PLL) and the Motor Pilot, you have to click on "Execute Speed Ramp" button in order to be taken into account (no error should be displayed Pilot Logs tool).
If speed is different, does Motor pole pair is correctly set (1 in your case).
On the other hand, for Hall Sensor mode, motor U,V and W phases have to be connected as specified (HALL sensor as well).
If motor is correctly connected, using main sensorless mode, and set HALL Sensor in Auxiliary speed sensing. With Motor control pilot, display HALL_EL_ANGLE and STOPLL_EL_ANGLE signals, and if "Sensors displacement" and "Placement electrical angle" are correctly set, both signals should be aligned.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA