cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After an upgrade to IDE 1.11.0 on the windows platform, my project would no longer build. The project...Builders list was empty.

FTrac.1
Associate II

I had IDE 1.10.1 and a Nucleo-G431RB board. We created a 6 step project using motor control Workbench, Motor Pilot and the project would build successfully. The IDE updated to Windows 1.11.0 and the project would no longer build. The builders list was empty.

Reinstalling 1.11.1 had no effect. Recreating the project from motor control workbench had no effect (I didn't expect it to - I assume this an IDE config issue, but I wanted to try it).

I could not find a way to restore the builder list. I am new to this platform.Reinstalling the old version 1.10.1 after renaming the ST folder which was not empty has reinstated the builders list and I can build again. My project was present in the IDE without me having to import it, much to my surprise.

How do I successfully upgrade to the latest version?

12 REPLIES 12
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

After update of the IDE, be sure to use a clean workspace directory (do not just open the old workspace with new Eclipse) and import your project into this new workspace.

Deleting the .settings in the project dir may help too.

> Recreating the project from motor control workbench had no effect

Have you tried to create a new simple project for this Nucleo, just with Cube? Will it build?

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @FTrac.1​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

I want to know what you mean by "The builders list" , could you provide some screenshots of the build setting menu.

This would be very helpful to better understand the situation.

Waiting for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

FTrac.1
Associate II

this:

0693W00000WLRKhQAP.png 

FTrac.1
Associate II

Note - I have duplicated the issue.

I went into CubeMX and made some changes, then clicked "Generate code"

When this was complete, I selected "Open project" from the CubeMX generate code which opened the project in the IDE.

The IDE popped up I think 3 modal dialogs which I clicked through - I will try to reproduce these today, but I believe it was saying that the project was hierarchical and needed to be imported. I clicked on "Yes" for these dialogs, and now the builders list is empty again. See above.

I remember doing this before, on 1.11.0.

It is not an upgrade issue.

FTrac.1
Associate II

0693W00000WLRPDQA5.png

FTrac.1
Associate II

0693W00000WLRJuQAP.png

FTrac.1
Associate II

0693W00000WLRPcQAP.png

FTrac.1
Associate II