cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a custom boards to MotorControl Workbench 6.1.1

Dimitar Dyakov
Associate III

Hello all,

I have developed a custom control board and a custom power board. I am trying to add them to MotorControl Workbench 6.1.1 and I have written a custom JSON files describing both board. A few interesting things:

I am using STM32G431RBT6 as my MCU, the NCP51820 is gate driver and the current is measured with ACS772ECB hall effect current measurement IC. And the this is how it is connected to the MCU, most important connections are marked in red. 

pinout.png

I am getting 

Error

The hardware selected is not compliant with the selected algorithm. Please review your selections.

When I try to start a project. I have made a two decisions because I did not know what else to do.
The first is I can't see how to add e custom connector, so I used  MotorControlConnector type.
The second is I can't see hall effect sensor type for current sensing and I chose ThreeShunt_RawCurrents_SingleEnded

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? The MotorControl Workbench 6.1.1 is not very descriptive. On semantic check all is good. The JSON is valid and all of the features properties are set. Do you need any other information to help?

7 REPLIES 7
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello Dimitar Dyakov,

As you are using a hall effect current measurement IC, the correct type for current sensing would be TwoICSCurrents.
You can find the dedicated section in the board description wiki right here.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Hello @Dimitar Dyakov ,

To complete Gael's answer, the selected hardware variant for current sensing:  ThreeShunt_RawCurrents_SingleEnded is dedicated to sense non amplified current and making use of internal Opamp to do the amplification internally. 

Our implementation with hall effect current measurement makes use of only 2 phases. That's why so far, we propose only TwoICSCurrents. 

Let us know if you succeed to generate your project and spin your motor.

Regards

Cedric.

Dimitar Dyakov
Associate III

Hello together,

I will make correction you suggested and I will get back to you. Also a example would be great is there any working JSON that I could take a look? (From the link you send me there is no TwoICSCurrents)

Was the wrong choice of current measurement the reason for getting the "The hardware selected is not compliant with the selected algorithm. Please review your selections." error ?

p.s. Happy new year!!!

Gael A
ST Employee

Hello Dimitar Dyako,

You can take a look at the STEVAL-CTM009V1.json board description that can be found in the "\MC_SDK_6.2.1\Utilities\PC_Software\STMCWB\assets\hardware\board\power" directory, though be aware that it has only been included starting the MCSDK v6.2.1 so you'll need to download it if you haven't already.
Sorry about the link, it seems that the ICS section has not been added yet.

Happy new year !

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Hi
I still cant get it working.

DimitarDyakov_0-1704919272748.png

The json I have created are valid (idk if correct) since the board manager does not show errors. I am attaching the files again.

When is the update of the documentation going to happen? On the controller end what type of current sensing should be used?

Hello @Dimitar Dyakov ,

It seems that both files are identical, so I started from the first version you posted (power.txt).

I attach to this post a Zip file containing both descriptions. I succeed to load them in the WB, generate a project and generate a binary from the generated project.

Don't forget to update the "icsGain" parameters according to your hardware.

Best Regards

Cedric 

When add board coustem like this it posible to measure the dato motor by motor profile??