cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About x-cube-mcsdk ver.6.2.1 and nucleo-h745zi

RIG
Associate III

I set up x-cube-mcsdk least ver.6.2.1 workbench with a combination of nucleo-h745zi(motor control board) and x-nucleo-ihm08m1(motor inverter board).
The pin configuration is the default setting.
Where should I connect x-nucleo-ihm08 to nucleo-h745zi?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello RIG,

Position control can be done with IHM08, J3 being the corresponding connector, be sure to wire the phases in the right order regarding the motor phases though.

Concerning current sensing, 3-shunt resistor configuration will be possible although I believe the IHM08 is shipped on 1-shunt resistor configuration by default (have a look at its documentation for hardware modifications).
ICS is not available on this setup I'm afraid.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello RIG,

You need to solder pins on the CN11 and CN12 pin headers. When connecting the two boards afterwards, make sure the number one pins are aligned with each other : you can find the info directly written on the board (number one pins have a square-shaped header instead of a round-shaped). Another way to say it would be CN7 on CN11, and CN10 on CN12.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
RIG
Associate III

Thank you for answering.
I would like to try it with the following settings, but is it possible to drive it?
Position sensor: A phase and B phase output of incremental encoder
Current sensor: 3 shunt resistor or ICS

Hello RIG,

Position control can be done with IHM08, J3 being the corresponding connector, be sure to wire the phases in the right order regarding the motor phases though.

Concerning current sensing, 3-shunt resistor configuration will be possible although I believe the IHM08 is shipped on 1-shunt resistor configuration by default (have a look at its documentation for hardware modifications).
ICS is not available on this setup I'm afraid.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
adkr
Associate

Hi RIG
I try to get running the MCSDK on the NUCLEO H745 as well.
The only different is the power stage  I using  x-nucleo-ihm07m1.

I spend a lot of time into it but i got it not propper running.
Du you have any experience with H745 you can share?