cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is a problem with audio playback on the STM32L4.

JKim.15
Associate II

STM32L4에서 오디오 재생 에 문제가 있습니다 .

이는 IAR 컴파일러의 경고 메시지입니다.

경고[Lt009]: 일관성 없는 wchar_t 크기
mp3d_htab_armv4.o(lib_mp3decoder_cortex_m4_v2.2.0.a)에는 wchar_t 크기 16비트
Audio_player.o 및 164개의 다른 개체가 있으며, 그 중 일부는 dl7M_tlf.a에 있고 90개의 다른 라이브러리에는 wchar_t 크기 32비트
Mobile_Laser.out이 있습니다.

JKim15_0-1713789466810.png

lib_mp3decoder_cortex_m4_v2.2.0.a 

여기에서 다운로드했습니다   https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-audio.html

오디오가 재생되지 않는 이유는 해당 경고 메시지와 관련이 있는 것 같습니다.

이 문제 좀 도와줘

감사합니다

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The participants in this forum communicate in English, which is why I have translated your text using an online tool:

There is a problem playing audio on the STM32L4.

This is a warning message from the IAR compiler.

Warning [Lt009]: Inconsistent wchar_t size
mp3d_htab_armv4.o (lib_mp3decoder_cortex_m4_v2.2.0.a) contains wchar_t size 16 bits
Audio_player.o and 164 other objects, some of which are in dl7M_tlf.a, and 90 other libraries have wchar_t size 32-bit
Mobile_Laser.out.

[image]

I downloaded it from https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-audio.html

The reason why the audio is not playing seems to be related to that warning message.

Please help me with this issue
Thank you

If I am correctly informed, IAR was still using wchar_t 16 bits when X-CUBE-AUDIO was developed. It remains to be seen whether any changes will be made to the libraries after so many years.

As an alternative, you could consider using e.g. STM32CubeIDE (Eclipse with GNU GCC) instead of IAR as a temporary solution and test whether it can be compiled with it.

However, as this is only a warning, the programme could still have been compiled successfully and the cause of the inaudible audio could lie elsewhere.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The participants in this forum communicate in English, which is why I have translated your text using an online tool:

There is a problem playing audio on the STM32L4.

This is a warning message from the IAR compiler.

Warning [Lt009]: Inconsistent wchar_t size
mp3d_htab_armv4.o (lib_mp3decoder_cortex_m4_v2.2.0.a) contains wchar_t size 16 bits
Audio_player.o and 164 other objects, some of which are in dl7M_tlf.a, and 90 other libraries have wchar_t size 32-bit
Mobile_Laser.out.

[image]

I downloaded it from https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-audio.html

The reason why the audio is not playing seems to be related to that warning message.

Please help me with this issue
Thank you

If I am correctly informed, IAR was still using wchar_t 16 bits when X-CUBE-AUDIO was developed. It remains to be seen whether any changes will be made to the libraries after so many years.

As an alternative, you could consider using e.g. STM32CubeIDE (Eclipse with GNU GCC) instead of IAR as a temporary solution and test whether it can be compiled with it.

However, as this is only a warning, the programme could still have been compiled successfully and the cause of the inaudible audio could lie elsewhere.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.