cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U585 Legacy CDC without Azure USBX Tutorial

LBorg.2
Associate

I'am looking for a working example of using the legacy USB driver found here (https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32u5-classic-coremw-apps) for the STM32u585 preferabley in the STM32CubeIDE. I'm not able to use USBPD which is found in the examples folder. Therefore i'am asking for a minimal working example for this. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @LBorg.2​ and welcome to the community 😊,

I recommend you the USBPD_SNK_UX_Device_HID_CDC_ACM example, this example runs on STM32U585xx devices and with STM32CubeIDE.

Also, this wiki USB Power Delivery can help you to create your USB-PD project by using STM32CubeIDE software.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

LBorg.2
Associate

Sorry i didn't make myself clear 😉

I don't want to use the USBPD and i don't want USBX or RTOS!

I'am looking just for a plain and simple example of using the STM32U585 as USB CDC Device only. All the examples i've seen always include the USBPD which i explicitly don't want! Any suggestions as to where i can find such a simple example?

mohamed.ayed
ST Employee
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @LBorg.2​ ,

I believe that you will find the answer to your request in this Github repository provided by ST: stm32u5-classic-coremw-apps: Provide a set of applications for STM32U5xx series based on the STM32 Classic Core Middleware libraries.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

OliM
Senior

Since we also didn't want to use Azure, for our projects we found tinyusb to be an attractive alternative

https://github.com/hathach/tinyusb