cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745XIH6 SD Card communication issue

ABora.4
Associate II

Hello,

We are using the  Part#STM32H745XIH6 in our current product and it is going to be use in production.

We are very near to release the product but at last we are facing the issue in the SD Card communication and below are the details.

At power ON, SD card is detected by the  STM32H745XIH6 then it check for the Mount status and it is also successfully mounted. Now  STM32H745XIH6 is going to create the file SQLITE and SQLITE-PU files on SD card but the process is stopped and stay at the SD card initializing stage.

We also check the SD card data but nothing is created in SD card...

Please find the Image of the connections for your reference.

Kindly provide the valuable suggestion to clear out the issue to move the product in production.

Regards,

Alpesh

ABora4_0-1719635965212.png

9 REPLIES 9
Techn
Senior II

If you have version control go backwards. Try to write and read text file , dir command .  Write protection for sd card?

Enable more debug, chek the return status.

Hello,

Let me check as per your comment and update here.

Regards,

Alpesh

AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

Mount status and it is also successfully mounted.

How you know this ?

Try this : 

set all pins (to sd-card, Dx, clk, cmd ) to medium speed;

set clock (in clock tree) to get about 50MHz for sdmmc (i use 100M and div1 (= /2) in sdmmc );

at first set to 1-bit mode (4-bit is much more critical);

in program first mount (NOW) , check result:

fresult = f_mount(&SDfs, (TCHAR const*)SDPath, 1);		// SD card mount NOW

IF ok, try to read dir, read file ...never mkfs format or write file at first testing... !

Use a good card with some files (to read something) on it.

+ (in Cube, fatfs settings) enable ex-fat + long filenames, if you want use big sd-cards and >8char names.

IF working fine, try 4-bit mode...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello,

Thank you for the guidance. I will try with the mentioned solutions and update here with the log.

Meanwhile I want to know that I am able to measure the clock(24MHz), cmd, data and cd on CRO. We can see that the cd pin goes low when sd card was inserted and default is high.

As we have two board, out of them, in one board sd card is working and other board sd card is not working, Here the hardware and software are same in both the boards.

Can you please confirm that the issue is whether hardware side OR software side?

so we can focus on that part as the schematic is attached in this post previously.

Regards,

Alpesh

Hi,

if same software, there is a hardware problem in the not working board.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello,

Both the boards have same hardware and same software.

Regards,

Alpesh

Right, i seen.

But the not working board has a hardware problem...maybe bad solder /contact ...you have to find.

Hello,

I have checked the Hardware connections and make rework.

After rework, the SD card communication is started but after few minutes, it was showing the error. Again, start the board and the same situation observe like after few minutes, it shows the error.

Also attached the log images for your reference.

Regards,

Alpesh

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-04 at 5.45.47 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-04 at 5.45.53 PM.jpeg

  

Hi,

> I will try with the mentioned solutions 

-- Did you ??

+

How should i know, what the ...read 1 3 0x4  is meaning ?