cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP server on NetX and AZRTOS - disable DHCP when using fixed IP address?

GreenGuy
Lead

In another project using FreeRTOS and LwIP, cubeMX allowed the ability to disable DHCP and set a fixed IP address like 192.168.1.10. But I don't see a way to do that using AZRTOS.

8 REPLIES 8
GreenGuy
Lead

Having reviewed the STM32H743-Eval example application for LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS, which works on my eval board, the application looks for a DHCP server and not seeing one after the time out period, falls back to a default 192.168.0.10 address and the PC connects to it with a browser. However nx_webserver example just gives up with "No cable connected" and does nothing. So please if someone has been able to achieve the same result with Nx_Webserver; let me know.

MSG_ST
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you please refer to the X-CUBE-AZRTOS-H7 3.0.0 and use CubeMX 6.7.0 (or newer).

There's a new feature implemented : "Common init" where the Azure RTOS MW initialization is generated automatically if you enable the feature.

And, under NetXDuo section, you could disable DHCP and set your fixed IP address.

Please do no hesitate to give us your feedback.

Regards

Mahdy

GreenGuy
Lead

Here is my feedback:

1) I Do Not see a "Common Init" feature, but I do see in the NetXDuo Core Init this:

0693W00000aIcG2QAK.pngAs you can see here, I do not see a check box to disable DHCP.

Perhaps I need an updated version of CubeIDE/MX or perhaps there is significant detail you have not revealed.

2) Have you tried this using my code or is this an untested suggestion?

You need to update CubeMX/IDE.

GreenGuy
Lead

Done.

CubeIDE: Version: 2.0.100.202301271415

CubeMX: Version: 6.8.0-RC4

Re-Built - No errors

Did not fix the problem.

GreenGuy
Lead

And this is the worst part. Now every time I generate code CubeMX is removing the Utilities Folder from the root of my project. I need that for the LCD utility functions. Is there some new check box to tell CubeMX not to do that?

GreenGuy
Lead

Had to move the utilities folder into the source folder so CubeMX leaves it alone.

ineeve-omst
Associate

I'm trying to disable DHCP on X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F7 for a STM32F767ZI6 MCU and there's no option in STM32CubeMx...