cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sd Card / FileX on stm32WBA52CG

Curious_Intern
Associate

Hello,
I am using a Nucleo-WBA52CG dev. board as well as an sd shield. 

I want to store data from the NUCLEO in the SD card, and be able to read those data with a computer.
The SD card and the stm32WBA should obviously communicate through SPI.
However, the WBA does not have FatFS, nor SDMMC. I suppose that I can use FileX to partially "replace" those elements, but I see myself unable to find anything related to that situation. I suppose that I'll have to check the custom interface, and as I want to use EXFAT, enable it. But from there I'm kind of lost.

Does anyone have a way to do those communications? 

Thanks in advance.
Don't hesitate if you need other informations to facilitate your understanding and give me some hints.

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Curious_Intern 

For the FileX implementation on the Nucleo-WBA52CG, I suggest you take a look at this project to understand how it works.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @STTwo-32,  and thank you for your quick answer. It does help to understand the way FileX could be used, but the situation i'm in is different and that difference makes everything trickier haha.
Anyway, do you have any advise about how to link SPI communication and FileX? It seems that in your example everything is done internally but I have to deal with the SD card inherent communication protocol with its own clock etc. (edit: It seems that the "fx_stm32_sram_driver" function play a role in the communication but I could not find it anywhere, in addition to my other questions do you have it somewhere?)
It's been several days since I started doing researches about using an SD Card with FileX without SDMMC or SDIO etc, but I could not find any proper example. And it seems that several developers on ST's Community forum are facing the same issue. Do you have anything resembling something like that?
It would be a great help to me, and others 😉 

Thanks a lot anyway, and delighted to learn new thicks thanks to you.