cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAL H7xx Library ll_utils.c Warning

raptorhal2
Lead

stm32h7xx_ll_utils.c throws a warning "no LL_RCC_CalcPLLClockFreq" function at line 930. The function exists in stm32h7xx_ll_rcc.c but has a conditional compile USE_FULL_LL_Driver.

Calls to conditional compiles should be under the same conditional conditions.

Cheers, Hal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrice LF
ST Employee

Hello @raptorhal2​ ,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

I confirm and I reported Internally.

Firmware related issue tracked under the number 146496. 

This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

Patrice

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @raptorhal2​ 

Please check you are using the latest version of CubeH7 firmware.

You may check this report

implicit declaration LL_RCC_CalcPLLClockFreq · Issue #210 · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7 (github.com)

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

raptorhal2
Lead

I am using the latest, 1.11.0 dated 15 November 2022.

Such a trivial issue and a year later absolutely nothing has been done. Good job!

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

So what's the problem? Just define USE_FULL_LL_DRIVER. Any unused functions will be removed by the linker.

raptorhal2
Lead

->Just define USE_FULL_LL_DRIVER. Any unused functions will be removed by the linker.

Very true. And since it a warning, subsequent Builds (but not Rebuilds) will not raise the warning. But I am asking for some code discipline.

Cheers, Hal

Patrice LF
ST Employee

Hello @raptorhal2​ ,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

I confirm and I reported Internally.

Firmware related issue tracked under the number 146496. 

This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

Patrice