cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H5 1.2.0 and Cube 1.5 break ethernet

robmilne
Associate II

After updating Cube to v1.5 for my STM32H5 project (Nucleo-H563ZI), the ethernet stopped working except during the initial run after a load of the firmware with the debugger.  After a reset, either POR or via the debugger, pings to the board fail.  When I checkout an earlier version of the code that uses a Cube v1.4 .ioc file, and bypass the migration to v1.5, the ethernet behaves normally.  Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STea
ST Employee

Hello @robmilne ,

I confirm the issue, I reported the issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 179408. (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
STea
ST Employee

Hello @robmilne ,

I confirm the issue, I reported the issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 179408. (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi STea,

Another issue, that is not a show stopper, is that POR/BOR reset will not allow the LAN8742 to function properly.  At the top of my main routine, I inspect the state of the RCC_RSR register and immediately issue a sw reset if it equals the default 0x0c000000 value.  Pin or software resets permit the ethernet transceiver to run properly.  I had the same issue on one of our prototype boards that uses an ethernet connector with integrated magnetics.

-rob

Hello @robmilne ,

can you please share with me the project that caused the Ethernet to Fail with IDE1.15.
regarding the problem with POR/BOR thank you for pointing this out. but I don't seem to see this kind of behavior on Nucleo boards.

BR 

FabioFly
Associate II

Hello @robmilne!

Please look at https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-embedded-software/netxduo-not-working-with-a-static-ip-addresss/td-p/673975. Seems to be similar to what you're facing.

Please let me know if that solution works for you.

BR,

FabioFly

Hi FabioFly,

If you use Vin as rgw power source (JP2 to to 'VIN 5V'), it does not work on POR/BOR.  It works with a reset source of RCC_RSR_PINRSTF or RCC_RSR_SFTRSTF (I haven't checked WDG resets).

I can get it to work if I monitor the reset source at the start of main.  The following is what I need to do to get it working.

/* USER CODE BEGIN PTD */
 typedef enum reset_e {
     RCC_RESET_POR_BOR = 0,  /*!< POR or BOR reset occurred (default) */
     RCC_RESET_PIN,          /*!< Reset from pin occurred */
     RCC_RESET_SOFTWARE,     /*!< system reset generated by the CPU */
     RCC_RESET_WWDG,         /*!< window watchdog reset occurred from WWDG */
     RCC_RESET_IWDG,         /*!< independent watchdog reset occurred */
     RCC_ILLEGAL_STOP_ENTRY, /*!< Illegal low-power mode reset occurred */
     RCC_RESET_UNKNOWN
 } reset_t;
/* USER CODE END PTD */

/* USER CODE BEGIN 0 */