cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get web browser to redirect after POST using HTTP/1.1 303 See Other

MStra.3
Associate III

I have built an HTTP webserver on my STM32F407 custom board. I have multiple pages working. One of the pages lets the user select a file using the browser and upload it to the webserver. All of that is working. My issue is that when the upload completes I can't get the web browser to redirect to my home page. If I send it the home page it correctly displays it but the URL remains "upload.cgi". As far as I can tell from reading lots of google search results the following should work, but after the upload the browser keeps spinning the favicon. Any ideas?

HTTP/1.1 303 See Other

Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MStra.3
Associate III

OK, I literally thought of the answer while in the shower this morning... I wasn't closing the connection after sending the 303. Now it works!

Mike.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MStra.3
Associate III

OK, I literally thought of the answer while in the shower this morning... I wasn't closing the connection after sending the 303. Now it works!

Mike.

"A new survey contributed to by cognitive psychologist Scott Barry Kaufman Ph.D. and commissioned by shows that 72 percent of people have experienced new ideas in the shower. In fact, 14 percent take showers for the sole purpose of generating creative thoughts and insights."

https://www.kbbonline.com/news/business/do-the-brightest-ideas-begin-in-the-shower/