cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the shelf life of MCU STM32F303CBT6?

CRami.3
Associate

I would like to know how long can the MCU sit on my warehouse before being assembled in the PCB

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @CRami.3​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

This product appears in the list of selected products for the 10 years Longevity commitment (link).

0693W00000GWqtQQAT.png 

Hope that I've answered your question. If this the case, please close this post by clicking the Select as Best button on my reply .

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
CRami.3
Associate

Thanks a lot for your support!

>>I would like to know how long can the MCU sit on my warehouse before being assembled in the PCB

Depends on where and how it's packaged. There are different MSL, and these are stated on the package, along with bake-out expectations if the time has expired or the moisture sensitive alert panel has changed colour.

If the status is unknown, assume you'll need to bake-out the moisture.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I don't think that was the OP's question

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

I'm looking into your request, but I only found the temperature conditions in the device datasheet.

0693W00000GWuTgQAL.png 

There is also the storage and transportation conditions in the TN1224 and TN1163, but I can't find info on the maximum storage duration.

0693W00000GWuU5QAL.png0693W00000GWuWfQAL.pngImen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
BenedictHeyl
Associate II

Brave question in times of a chip shortage! :D

T J
Lead

these days, all genuine IC's can sit dormant for at least 20 years without issue...

and will work fine as long as the pins are not tarnished or corroded.

On the other hand Chinese copies probably wont last 5 years, running or not.

If they ask you what class you want , then it is a Chinese copy.

Class D is only meant for low cost toys.

If you are trying to purchase these, ask them what Class it is, Class A,B,C or D..

Any Class means it is a Chinese copy.