cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum value of positive injected current in 3V compatible I/O for STM32L476 micro. Also what will be the maximum allowed input voltage in Pin when Vdd is 0V.

sam_niraj
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

See Absolute Maximum Ratings in the datasheet.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32l476je.pdf

0693W00000GX1BeQAL.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
sam_niraj
Associate II

Ya but the datasheet specifies 0mA positive injection only for 3v and 5v tolerant pin, and specifies NA for ​for other . What does NA means

sam_niraj
Associate II

Also suggest, if the maximum injected positive current is 10uA for contiunous period if 8-10 hrs, would it still effec​t the reliability of GPIO

T J
Lead

I think current will flow into the pin when Vdd is at 0V, trying to pull up the processor Vdd

My solution would be add a 1k or 10k resistor in series on those pins to limit the current.

or a buffer chip like LVC244 that is powered by the same Vdd

Isn't your question about 3V compatible pins?

I don't have any more info than you do. If the datasheet says +0 is the limit, that's what ST guarantees. +10uA would be over the limit. You're certainly welcome to test it in your own application and, if successful, decide if the risk is worth it for your application.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".