cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where connect SMPS pins when SMPS is not used.

federico.massimi
Associate III

Hi, I'm using an STM32H745IIT6, in the package I have there are also the SMPS pins. But in my application I don't have to use the SMPS.

The question is, what should I do with these pins:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhiesQAA.pngSearching the internet, I saw that someone connects them all to ground, but I haven't found any explanatory articles or clear indications. Can you tell me how should I connect these 4 pins when I'm not using the SMPS?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @federico.massimi​ ,

Below is diagram from reference manual RM0399 showing different hardware configurations for power supply.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhnBvQAI.pngSo, when the SMPS is OFF the VDDSMPS, VFBSMPS and VSSSMPS should be connected to ground and VLXSMPS should be floating.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @federico.massimi​ ,

Below is diagram from reference manual RM0399 showing different hardware configurations for power supply.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhnBvQAI.pngSo, when the SMPS is OFF the VDDSMPS, VFBSMPS and VSSSMPS should be connected to ground and VLXSMPS should be floating.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.