cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L100RC - Virtual Port Com doesn't show up

electronicsbasickid
Associate II

Hi, I'm using a STM32L100RC discovery board and I'm trying to send/receive words through the Virtual Com Port (VCP). Nevertheless, even after installing the STM32 Virtual COM Port Driver (STSW-STM32102), the board is not connected as a VCP but as a USB device.

I tried to reinstall everything, to change the ports used for the usb cable but nothing is working.

Does someone has any idea about how to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance,

Jay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The 32L100CDISCOVERY is still equipped with the firmware of the ST-LINK/V2, which does not provide a Virtual COM Port yet.

The STSW-STM32102 driver package does not help here because it only affects the Windows side and is only required for Windows up to version 8.x, Windows 10 already contains these drivers.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The 32L100CDISCOVERY is still equipped with the firmware of the ST-LINK/V2, which does not provide a Virtual COM Port yet.

The STSW-STM32102 driver package does not help here because it only affects the Windows side and is only required for Windows up to version 8.x, Windows 10 already contains these drivers.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

So it's not possible to create a Virtual COM Port thanks to this board? Is there any other similar solution?