cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7B3I-DK CubeMX Board Configuration

maynarde
Associate

In using CubeMx 6.11.0 to start a new project for the STM32H7B3I-DK to use the USB OTG, I noticed that none of the USB_OTG_HS_ULPI_xxxx pins are configured. The USB_OTG_HS peripheral option is not allowed because of an I2S6 conflict. Now I'm wondering if I should go down this path because the memories might not be configured properly either. Is there an *.ioc file that is actually correct/complete for this board? If I go through the effort to correct the missing connections will it work or am I going to run into other difficulties?

Doing the obvious and disabling the I2S6 did not release the peripheral either, apparently some of the pins are still allocated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @maynarde, to the community!

Please take a look at PA3 in the Pinout View, where it should be marked yellow with a pin after I2S6 has been disabled, right?

Left-click on it and change it from I2S6_MCK to Reset_State. You should then be able to configure the external PHY under USB_OTG_HS.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @maynarde, to the community!

Please take a look at PA3 in the Pinout View, where it should be marked yellow with a pin after I2S6 has been disabled, right?

Left-click on it and change it from I2S6_MCK to Reset_State. You should then be able to configure the external PHY under USB_OTG_HS.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
maynarde
Associate

That did it. Populated all the ULPI pins for the external PHY as well. Thank you very much.

Do you know if there is an IOC file out there that is complete? I realize that this particular pin is muxed with the audio codec but I don't have a lot of time to reach a part decision and I do not want to have to mess around with memory configuration.

Thank you, again!

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If an IOC exists for a project, it is always contained in the firmware library. However, I am not aware of one that covers your specific configuration.

Good luck!

Regards
/Peter