cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745I-DISCO Schematic and Documentation Error

ricks
Associate III

We are working with the STM32H745I-DISCO and a custom daughter board we designed that interfaces with the Arduino Style Connectors on the DISCO Board.  We believe that there are errors on both the Altium Source Schematics and the UM2488 (Page 16) for the labels and documentation of CN6 Pins 1 and 2.  I am attaching copies of a page from both sources showing the original labels and our redline corrections.  We traced these signals on the PCB route to verify our corrections are accurate.  ST should really correct this as we spent a good deal of time incorrectly assuming the documentation for these signals was accurate!  This will help save others from going down the wrong path!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The document you have mentioned is an old revision. So, I think it was an error on this version that have been solved on the next versions (Solved on REV4 of the UM2488). You need to always use the last version of each document.

For the design of both rev B01. I can confirm the typo that will be escalated internally for correction (under internal ticket number 177155).

Thank you again for reporting this.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @ricks 

What you are saying is true. But our document is true too. I think you are not refering to the rigth UM2488 and this CAD ressources .

Could you please tell me which um and design you are refering to.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ricks
Associate III

The documentation you point us to has (in the title block) Ref MB1381, the Variant H745XI, Revision B-03, and the date of 6/2/22.  The previous UM2488 documentation (and Altium files) we downloaded from the ST website has the same Ref#, but Revision B-01, No Variant, and date of 6/11/18.

The PCB assemblies we have are marked MB1381-H745XI-B01 (and -B02).  The B01 and B02 hardware we have seems to agree with the B03 newer documentation you are pointing us to (CN6 pins 1 and 2 connected to PB7 and PB6 respectively), but the documents that say B01 (see attached) have those CN6 pins 1, 2 and two assigned to PB11 and and PB10 which appears to be incorrect.  This is why we are confused.

The document you have mentioned is an old revision. So, I think it was an error on this version that have been solved on the next versions (Solved on REV4 of the UM2488). You need to always use the last version of each document.

For the design of both rev B01. I can confirm the typo that will be escalated internally for correction (under internal ticket number 177155).

Thank you again for reporting this.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Thanks for the clarification.  For the record, we downloaded the latest revision available at the time for the products we purchased.