cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 DISC Usb not recognized

lre.1
Associate II

I have STM32F4 DISC board and I worked with it several weeks. It was working correctly but today when I was set a SPI connection with other stm32f030 mcu, I plug-in and plug-out usb cable and I got "USB device not recognized" error message.

I didn't change anything. 

When I was plug-in, power led on board lighting dimly. Is this a sign for corruption of card??

lre1_0-1712874838524.png

stm32cude ide can not detect stm32 disc board.

lre1_2-1712875047684.png

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lre.1
Associate II

Hello again.

I connected external power (5V and GND) to on board pins and board started working correctly.

If I disconnect external GND cable from board and only 5V cable connected on board. Card continued working correctly 😳 . It was interesting

Which component corrupted on board? Any suggestion?

######## edit ########

I found fault on D1 (BAT60JFILM) diode, if I short circuit it board can working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Have you tried restarting your computer and/or docking station? Every once in while I get similar warnings and after power cycling my docking station, the USB ports start working again. 

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

I didn't change anything. 

It just happens to things. Suppose you have a hard drive full of valuable data. All is good, then suddenly you hear a subtle click click and it is dead. 

I restart computer and also uninstall and install driver st-link v2 but. doesn't change anything.

Power Led and LD8 led always on. 

I found something : "LD8 (red LED) indicates an over-current from connected device", is this related my issue ?

lre.1
Associate II

Hello again.

I connected external power (5V and GND) to on board pins and board started working correctly.

If I disconnect external GND cable from board and only 5V cable connected on board. Card continued working correctly 😳 . It was interesting

Which component corrupted on board? Any suggestion?

######## edit ########

I found fault on D1 (BAT60JFILM) diode, if I short circuit it board can working.